Wellbeing Wonderland

16 September, 2011

Imagineering

I am currently leading a Leadership Review at my site. To begin this we undertook some "imagineering".

If we are to look at restructuring our school we need to have a vision about what we want to achieve. I asked staff to consider: in an idealistic world what will our site look like in 5 years time? What structures will be in place? How will staff work with students Years 8 - 12? What will teaching and learning look like? I then asked that with this imagined world in mind that staff contribute their thoughts to an ideas table (a variation on an "Ideas Boards" I took from The Eight Pillars of Innovation).

I have now represented the collated ideas in a word cloud.

The most represented term is "learning" followed by student, further to this the common terms include: skills, flexible, thinking, community, ICT, literacy, school, pathways, work, personalised, vocational education and training, feedback, teaching.

With these key ideas in mind the next step is to make some sense of the myriad of research I have been reading and sift through our student data to begin to formulate a plan of action for where to next.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home